FADEL invited to participate on panel at at the NAB CCW+SATCON conference to be held in NYC Nov 12-13, 2014
Session Title: OTT and Rights Complexities
Date/Time: November 12th, 2014, 10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
Location: Javits Convention Center 1A12
Description: Content deals, IP rights and royalty management is becoming increasingly complex as broadcast and distribution channels propagate and demands for the cross-leveraging of IP into new lines of business like merchandise and publishing expand. While the advent of IP is enabling the expansion of these new business lines, it also opens new vulnerabilities as zealous “anytime, anywhere” consumers find new ways to access this content outside of legitimate supply chains. The advent of IP has highlighted the opportunity content owners have in defining and guiding rights for distribution in this new windowing environment. Join us as stakeholders along the entire content distribution chain share key strategic components that enable content creators and distributors to successfully manage contracts and IP across multiple channels, reduce risk exposure, and maximize revenues for efficient IP monetization.
• Jim Burger, Partner, Thompson Coburn, LLP
• James Goodmon Jr., Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
• Gregg Guest, Vice President of Product Marketing and Strategy, FADEL
• Glenn Hower, Research Analyst, Parks Associates
• Zena Kim, TV Everywhere Manager/Attorney, Rights Management, Legal & Business Affairs, A+E Television Networks