The Application Developer will work on the development of Java-based web applications designed for on-premise and “in the cloud” deployment models
- Develop and maintain new functionality for web applications and web services according to specifications and within the agreed upon time frame in support of new product development.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Provide JEE best practices.
- Document approach and core design artifacts.
- Document unit test results.
- Identify potential design enhancements.
- Report status against the project plan.
- Able to work flexible hours, as required by Project Manager, to meet project deadlines.
- Possess ability to communicate clearly with project team.
- Work with a disciplined change management and application management environment.
- Work independently and within a group, depending on the project.
- Able to juggle multiple initiatives as required by the Development Director/Project Manager
- Develop Architectural Proofs of Concept to demonstrate practical business agile solutions and evolve core architectural constructs.
New York or Lebanon
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience: 3 to 7 years
- Web application Java, JSP, JSF development skills
- Strong experience with Hibernate, Spring Framework, Rich faces, XML, Eclipse, SVN, Maven and Ant
- Cloud based development and deployment models, Amazon EC2 and AWS is a plus
- Oracle and PL/SQL knowledge is a plus
- Rest/SOAP web services development
- Knowledge in application servers and web based reporting is a plus
- Strong communication skills with onshore and offshore teams
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in computer science or engineering. Master of Science (MS) is desirable