Principal Product Manager
The Principal Product Manager will guide and manage product teams in building technology products from existing ideas, developing new ideas and communicating with all areas of the company to define product release requirements and go-to-market strategies.
Ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, along with a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Manage and develop existing products based on current and prospective customer needs
- Spend time in the market to understand current challenges, competitors and find innovative solutions for the broader market
- Develop new product ideas based on industry experience and marketplace interaction
- Define product release requirements, product positioning and go-to market strategies
- Manage and work with product teams and other resources to develop and deliver products and product enhancements.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for product offerings, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers
- Enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people
- Knowledge and experience product management of software and/or technology products, with ability to understand and manage sophisticated enterprise business systems
- Excellent communication, negotiation and documentation/writing skills are important
- The ability to manage multiple resource types in order to achieve product management initiatives
- A college degree in business, commerce , computer science or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience managing technology products or services
- Knowledgeable in technology and the software development process.
- Experience with ERP and other enterprise systems preferred
- Experience in media & entertainment, publishing or rights & royalties a plus