Senior QA Manager
The Senior QA Manager at FADEL specializes in helping to meet quality standard products and services by developing and improving quality control procedures. The responsibilities revolve around performing research and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the existing production procedures, devising testing strategies for optimal performance and quality, and overseeing production operations to conduct tests and inspections. Furthermore, as a senior manager, it is essential to lead and encourage teams to reach all goals and standards while implementing the company’s policies and regulations.
- Developing thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA’s role and involvement in the cycle.
- Proactively participating in driving and achieving departmental and company goals. o Mastering agile procedures and process and driving improvements across multiple products and environments.
- Continuously improving test automation coverage and increasing robustness and reliability of automation frameworks.
- Advocating quality improvements to other team members and direct reports. o Managing team(s) of QA engineers, managers and leads, including people in remote and offshore locations.
- Preparing documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Hire, train, and supervise QA staff.
- Montreal, QC
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Quality professional with at least 8+ years of hands-on experience with increasing responsibility in a QA function.
- Proven experience and ability to manage people, processes, and technology.
- Previous experience with hands-on in documentation, automated, non-automated and load testing.
- Strong hands-on management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, organize and prioritize multiple assignments, and use initiative to accomplish results.
- Excellent leadership and engineering skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Familiarity with QA tools and automation frameworks.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with and managing virtual teams
- Post-pandemic you will have the potential opportunity on a quarterly basis to travel to the US and Lebanon for up to 2 weeks at a time.