Senior Director of Software Engineering
The Senior Director of Software Engineering at FADEL is responsible for driving people, processes, and outcomes and collaborating with broader FADEL product development teams. You will be working with talented remote teams across multiple time zones. Joining us is a great career move! Our management track is very different from the rest of the industry – You’ll have room to grow and apply your technical know-how rather than get caught up in administrative level management tasks.
- Contribute to the software design life cycle – from architecture to implementation
- Perform deep dives into software problems, finding true root causes and devising long term solutions
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make solid technical decisions for FADEL products and client functionality
- Drive full CI/CD implementation for the products under your responsibility
- Build comprehensive improvements to our Agile development process
- Enable your multi-functional/multi-regional teams to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Facilitate team members’ career growth and keep them engaged
- Drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Provide developers with the support: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, resolving conflicts on the team.
- Work with your peers to continuously improve FADEL’s engineering process
You will NOT
- Do task assignment & priorities for your team (we have others doing that)
- Attend endless committee meetings about business analysis or priorities
- Get micromanaged
- 10+ years as a hands-on software developer or architect or in software managerial roles
- 5+ years of experience in leadership position transformation projects of software companies. Can devise great plans to restructure development teams for success
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise-grade SaaS products
- Great at deep-diving into the code to find quality improvement opportunities o Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, integration tests, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Wide knowledge in web-based software technologies and cloud development. Experience with AWS services is a strong plus.
- Proper full-stack technical competencies. Specifically OOP, MVC/MVVM, PL/SQL, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Angular and JSF
- Knowledge in SQL and noSQL databases especially Oracle and PGSQL
- Experience in developing microservices and migrating monolithic applications to newer technologies
- You like working from home
Nice To Have:
- You reside in Montreal area to enable in person office presence
- Experience working with and managing virtual teams
Post-pandemic you will have the potential opportunity on a quarterly basis to travel to the US and Lebanon for up to 2 weeks at a time.