Publishing Industry Webinar: Understanding and Managing Content Subscription Operating Models
Hosted by BIC (Book Industry Communication)
Title: Understanding and Managing Content Subscription Models
Date/Time: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 9:00 AM EDT / 2:00 PM BST / 3:00 PM CEST
Watch On-Demand: CLICK HERE
This session will explore the considerations for offering content as a subscription including rights management, royalties, operating models.
Over the past decade, we’ve seen a tremendous digitization of content as consumers want content at their fingertips – through e-books, audiobooks, or online platforms. To manage the increasing demand for immediate digital content, publishers increasingly have to embrace new operating models. Perhaps the most popular currently is the subscription model, where subscribers pay a recurring fee to access content. To attract and retain a strong subscription rate, publishers are continually having to tailor their content to cater for the tastes and interests of readers, which can become a complicated operation, not least with regards to rights, product management, and royalty management.
In this BIC Brunch, we will discuss and offer insights into:
- Rights management for offering content as a subscription
- Defining compensation models
- Determining how to manage subscription products
- Managing royalty accounting, including producing royalty statements that factor in usage
- Karina Urquhart, Executive Director, BIC (Host)
- Vahe Hovhannisyan, Principal Managing Consultant, FADEL
- Graham Bell, Executive Director, EDItEUR
- Rachel Ward, HarperCollins UK