Software Engineering Manager
At FADEL, we’re building innovative solutions that address multiple facets of the world of intellectual property and rights management. The FADEL team is on a mission to help our customers succeed by empowering them to significantly maximize revenues and increase process efficiencies.
FADEL is trusted by the biggest names in media, entertainment, publishing, high-tech and advertising to deliver highly scalable solutions for their rights, royalties, and intellectual property management solutions.
Exciting Software Engineering Manager job opportunity available at a dynamic, NYC-based, software technology firm! Apply your technical know-how to work remotely with a talented team of developers across multiple time zones! You’ll have the opportunity to manage people, process and product development outcomes!
The job is all about working with talented remote teams across multiple time zones. you’ll drive your people, process, and outcomes and collaborate with broader FADEL product development teams.
- Contribute to the software design life cycle – from architecture to implementation
- Perform deep dives into software problems, finding true root causes and devising long term solutions
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make solid technical decisions for FADEL products and client functionality
- Drive full CI/CD implementation for the products under your responsibility
- Build comprehensive improvements to our Agile development process
- Enable your multi-functional/multi-regional teams to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success
- Facilitate team members’ career growth and keep them engaged
- Drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Provide developers with the support: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, resolving conflicts on the team
- Work with your peers to continuously improve FADEL’s engineering process
Ideal for candidates that are setup to work from home and that live in or between NYC and Stamford, CT to enable face-to-face meetings with C-Level executives when needed.
- 7+ years as a hands-on software developer or architect or in software managerial roles
- 5+ years of experience in leadership position transformation projects of software companies. Can devise great plans to restructure development teams for success
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise-grade SaaS products
- Great at deep-diving into the code to find quality improvement opportunities
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, integration tests, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Wide knowledge in web-based software technologies and cloud development. Experience with AWS services is a strong plus.
- Proper full-stack technical competencies. Specifically OOP, MVC/MVVM, PL/SQL, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Angular and JSF
- Knowledge in SQL and noSQL databases especially Oracle and PGSQL
- Experience in developing microservices and migrating monolithic applications to newer technologies
- Experience working with and managing virtual teams is ideal